- May 2021 total coal and coke and imports at 19.304 million metric tons (MMT) are up by 40.62% over May 2020 imports of 13.728 MMT. Imports in May 2021 were however lower by 17.10% than the previous month’s figure of 23.286 of Apr 2021.
- Pet coke imports continue their precipitous fall. Imports in May 2021 were 0.377 MMT down 76.11% over May 2020 but up 27.28% over April 2021 figure of 0.296 MMT.
- Thermal coal imports in May 2021 total 13.491 MMT up 61.50% over May 2020 but imports have lost some momentum and are down by 16.98% over the previous month’s figure of 16.251 MMT.
- Coking coal imports continue at their elevated levels over the previous year but have started decelerating since Mar 2021. May 2021 coking coal imports total 3.991 MMT up 41.94% over May 2020 figure of 2.812 but down 16.65% over April 21 figure of 4.754 MMT. Imports in Mar 2021 peaked at 5.273 MMT.
- In the first 5 months total solid fuel imports are at 99.94MMT up by 2.99% over same period of 2020 figure of 97.035. Thermal Coal imports are marginally down 0.89%, Pet coke is down by 66.16% but coking coal is up by 29.93%.
Monthly Report May
Send download link to:
This analysis has been compiled by obtaining data from Iman Resources’ sources.
© Iman Resources. Republishing permitted with credit